directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Embedding ApacheDS using DirectoryServiceBean etc
Date Sun, 22 May 2011 20:01:51 GMT
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Richard Evans
<richard.evans@datanomic.com> wrote:
> I'm experimenting with embedding ApacheDS (1.5.8-SNAPSHOT built from trunk)
> using configuration beans created in Spring XML along with the
> ServiceBuilder.  I've attached where I've got to so far - it is not
> complete, but I've run into a couple of problems.
>
> Firstly I get an NPE:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>    at
> org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.registries.synchronizers.RegistrySynchronizerAdaptor.<init>(RegistrySynchronizerAdaptor.java:123)
>    at
> org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.SchemaPartition.doInit(SchemaPartition.java:224)
>    at
> org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.AbstractPartition.initialize(AbstractPartition.java:73)
>    at
> org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1484)
>    at
> org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(DefaultDirectoryService.java:962)
>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>    at
>    at
>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>    at rde.tests.apacheds.LaunchADS.main(LaunchADS.java:49)
>
> It looks as though the SchemaManager instance is never set on the
> SchemaPartition created by DefaultSchemaService.

the SchemaManager won't be created by SchemaPartition automatically
rather we need to set it after loading
the schema with any of the available schema loaders.

Take a look at the methods initSchemaLdifPartition and
initDirectoryService present in ApacheDsService class they might give
you an idea.

> Secondly, in 1.5.7 the suffix for a partition was a string, now it's a Dn.
>  There are lots of constructors for the Dn object - which should be used
> here?

you can use the one which takes a single string argument while
configuring, but in general it is good to use the Dn(SchemaManager,
String...)
if you have access to the schema manager.

--
Kiran Ayyagari