directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: API and classloader
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 14:33:56 GMT
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:

> On 25 mai 2011, at 16:06, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

:)

>>> Yeah, I was not targeting a benchmark.
>>> In such a situation, you would require at least two machines (one for the client,
one for the server).

>>> I haven't closed them either...
>>> ... and it worked... :)
>>>
>> hmm, interesting to know, am sure they leak memory if we don't close
>> them, esp. it is more problematic
>> in embedded scenarios with CoreSessionLdapConnection in use
>
> That's what I would have expected too but I looked at the used memory closely in the
Activty Monitor window and it seemed pretty stable...
it is more so due to the fact that on client side the cursor is very
lightweight in the sense it doesn't include any wrapped cursors
(it just directly reads the objects received from the codec/network layer)

P.S:- just to add some more info to the conversation :)

> The GC is probably doing a good job.

Using

--
Kiran Ayyagari