directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Embedding ApacheDS using DirectoryServiceBean etc
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 09:42:25 GMT
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Richard Evans
<richard.evans@datanomic.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure I get this.  It seems as though using DirectoryServiceBean and ServiceBuilder
just can never work because of this NPE.  Surely that's a bug?  I do create a schema manager
in the XML:

>  <bean class="org.apache.directory.server.config.beans.DirectoryServiceBean" id="dsb">
>  </bean>
>
>  <bean id="ds" class="org.apache.directory.server.config.ServiceBuilder" factory-method="createDirectoryService">
>    <constructor-arg ref="dsb"/>
>    <constructor-arg ref="il"/>
>    <constructor-arg ref="sm"/>
>  </bean>
>
>  <bean id="il" class="org.apache.directory.server.core.InstanceLayout">
>  </bean>
>
>  <bean id="sm" class="org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.schemamanager.impl.DefaultSchemaManager"/>

what I mean is that the schema manager created in this way is not
useful unless a schema loader is set.

   the procedure goes like this:

        SchemaLoader loader = new LdifSchemaLoader(
schemaPartitionDirectory ); // <-- you can also use
JarLdifSchemaLoader
        schemaManager = new DefaultSchemaManager( loader );

        // We have to load the schema now, otherwise we won't be able
        // to initialize the Partitions, as we won't be able to parse
        // and normalize their suffix Dn
        schemaManager.loadAllEnabled();

HTH

--