directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How the Dn of Child entries are updating when Parent Moved
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 13:32:44 GMT
On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@apache.org>wrote:

> On 5/17/11 3:16 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny<elecharny@apache.org
>> >wrote:
>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>>   . And Rdn or Entry is not being used to get the Dn. Using ID and
>>> rdnIndex

>>> using
>>> the RDN table, right. Please fill a JIRA for that.
>>>

>> Sorry but it was not clear to me what sort of improvement you were
>> envisaging. Can you elaborate on that?
>>
> If the DN is reconstructed using the RDN table, then either we don't need
> to serialize the RDN in the entry at all, or we can stop building the DN
> when we reach the RDN, saving one extra step.

Yeah we had discussed this a while back about not serializing the RDN or was
it the DN in the Entry?

> Let's discuss that on DIRSERVER_1618, Rajesh might have a valid point here.

Can we just throw a link into to issue pointing to the mark mail
conversation here? There's already past history on it here, would suck to
have to consult both JIRA and emails to get the whole thread. I also have
issues on phone using JIRA rather than mail :(.

Regards,
Alex