directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <>
Subject Re: Experiment about extension points OSGi/ClassLoading initialization
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 13:27:11 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <>wrote:

> Hi guys,
> just to inform you that I created a branc (
> play with some of the ideas around using a class loader when there is no
> OSGi container.

Thanks for the heads up.

> I just implemented the controls loading atm. What I did is that I defined a
> System property (called default.controls) listing the controls to be loaded
> by the StandaloneLdapApiService class. I still have to do the same thing for
> the other elements. Btw, it won't work when running tests in eclipse,
> because the system property won't be set.
I know you hate this too: regarding the tests not working in eclipse due to
the need to set a system property.

There's got to be a slick way we can enable a zero configuration default
setup to avoid having to set these damn system properties. Only on
exceptional cases should we have to use the system property.

> Here is what looks like the pom.xml now :
> <build>
> <plugins>
> <plugin>
> <artifactId>maven-surefire-plugin</artifactId>
> <configuration>
> <systemPropertyVariables>
> <default.controls>
> </default.controls>
> <extra.controls>
> </extra.controls>
> </systemPropertyVariables>

OK I see these are the implementations to class load dynamically. You're
setting up the system property to configure they're load.

Sure would be nice to have a discovery mechanism for this and not have to
deal with eclipse blowing chunks.

View raw message