directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Embedding ApacheDS using DirectoryServiceBean etc
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 09:53:11 GMT
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Richard Evans
<richard.evans@datanomic.com> wrote:
> OK, I was trying to configure a directory server using configuration beans and the service
builder, as recommended in an earlier mail:

> "And to achieve a similar configuration like above use the various XXXBean (e.x DirectoryServiceBean)
classes present in server-config module.
> You can configure them in your spring file and then use ServiceBuilder to create the
respective service/server instances based on these configuration beans."

well, you can use the beans for *configuring* the server, not to
launch it or perform some load operations automatically.

> So I guess this is not possible - I need to write some code to create the schema loader,
etc?  In 1.5.7 I could configure everything using an XML file.  I would like to take this
approach so that the configuration can be changed easily by editing the XML rather than recompiling
bits of code.

> Richard

just can never work because of this NPE.  Surely that's a bug?  I do create a schema manager
in the XML:

--
Kiran Ayyagari