directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Monolithic jar .v. separate jars
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 15:49:28 GMT
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Richard Evans
<richard.evans@datanomic.com> wrote:
> Thanks
>
> We don't build our app using Maven - we just get the jars for embedded apps and use them
as required.  What's the best way to get the right jars out of a maven build of ApacheDS
1.5.8 snapshot?

after building the project with 'mvn clean install' all the jars will
be present in the directory
.m2/repository/org/apache/directory present in your home folder
> Richard

the checked out code.  I run it from the snapshot .tar.gz target.  This has a single monolithic
service jar containing all the classes.

>> This approach is very convenient for standalone installs, but may cause problems
if we decide to embed ApacheDS in our application.  We already use much of the support stuff
in the jar - servlet apis, slf4j, ActiveMQ classes, etc - and I want to make sure the we get
the right versions.

>> Is it is possible to make a build with separate jars?  And (really fantastic) some
guidelines as to which jars are required for various configurations?  For example if I wish
to embed an LDAP server (no Kerberos, NTP, etc), which ApacheDS jars are required and which
external jars (and versions) are required?

--
Kiran Ayyagari