directory-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Evans <richard.ev...@datanomic.com>
Subject ApacheDS status and future
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 11:39:05 GMT
Hi

We're looking at embedding ApacheDS into our java application, but I'm a bit concerned as
to the status of the project.

The last release was over a year ago and whilst this seems very functional, I get the impression
that major changes are in the pipeline - discarding XML based configuration, for example.

So is this the right time to start embedding?  Is a new release due shortly? Will the online
documentation get improved?  What is the status of the triplesec stuff - there is a link to
this on the front page but I can't see it anywhere in svn.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great project, I just need to know what to do with it.

Thanks

Richard Evans