directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Shared 1.0.0-M4
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 12:48:12 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

On 24 mai 2011, at 21:28, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is a vote for the forth milestone release on our way to a Shared
> and LDAP API 1.0. Many fixes have been injected, and some major refactoring
> have been done, including making the API OSGi compatible.

Hum, I thought the API was already OSGI compatible in previous milestones.
One major difference since 1.0.0-M3 I think is, the removal of the embedded Apache Felix OSGI
container.

> The SVN tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-M4
>
> The source and binary distribution packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/

I thing these files are not necessary for the release and should not be copied to the distribution
server:
- apache-ldap-api-1.0.0-M4.pom
- apache-ldap-api-1.0.0-M4.pom.asc
- apache-ldap-api-1.0.0-M4.pom.asc.asc

I'm not sure the key you used to sign the release has been added to the KEYS file at the root
of the Directory project distributions directory (However it seems to be present in Mina's
KEYS file).
I was unable to verify the *.asc signed files.

Is it normal that we still bundle the "org.apache.felix.framework-3.2.0.jar" module in the
lib directory ?

> The file names are prefixed with 'apache-ldap-api'. The bin packages
> contain the shaded shared-all and all required dependencies to use the
> LDAP API.
>
> The staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-005/
>
> The generated site: