directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Shared 1.0.0-M4
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 13:10:41 GMT

On 25 mai 2011, at 14:52, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> On 5/25/11 2:48 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>> Hi Emmanuel,
>>
>> On 24 mai 2011, at 21:28, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This is a vote for the forth milestone release on our way to a Shared
>>> and LDAP API 1.0. Many fixes have been injected, and some major refactoring
>>> have been done, including making the API OSGi compatible.
>> Hum, I thought the API was already OSGI compatible in previous milestones.
>> One major difference since 1.0.0-M3 I think is, the removal of the embedded Apache
Felix OSGI container.
> Hmm, you may be right. Or I expressed what I had in mind incorrectly : the API is now
OSGi compatible assuming your application has a OSGi container, but we don't provide one.
This is what I had in mind.

>>> The SVN tag:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-M4
>>>
>>> The source and binary distribution packages:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/
>> I thing these files are not necessary for the release and should not be copied to
the distribution server:
>> - apache-ldap-api-1.0.0-M4.pom
>> - apache-ldap-api-1.0.0-M4.pom.asc
>> - apache-ldap-api-1.0.0-M4.pom.asc.asc
> Sure. They have been generated automatically, I don't know why.
>> I'm not sure the key you used to sign the release has been added to the KEYS file
at the root of the Directory project distributions directory (However it seems to be present
in Mina's KEYS file).
>> I was unable to verify the *.asc signed files.
> ahha... May be the KEYS we have in directory is not up to date. Let me fix that.
>> Is it normal that we still bundle the "org.apache.felix.framework-3.2.0.jar" module
in the lib directory ?
> Hmmm, no. We have to remove the dependency, I guess. Some cleanup we can do in M5

Yeah, definitely...
I guess a dependency towards OSGI is still necessary since we have kept the bundle activators
to allow the use of the API in an OSGI environment.
Something less _expensive_ than the "Apache Felix Framework" could be used, like the org.osgi:org.osgi.core
module.