directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Shared 1.0.0-M4
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 08:48:24 GMT
Hi Pierre-Arnaud

It helps :-) Thanks for explanations. Didn't knew you can also look it
up in a compiled class.

Regards
Felix

On 05/26/2011 10:38 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
> I think this is a bug in Maven's manifest generator which takes the value of the java
version used to execute Maven ("Build-Jdk: ${java.version}") and not the version indicated
to the Maven compiler plugin (as stated in the Directory's project pom). See links [1], [2]
and [3].

> I've download the shared-all.jar file from the distribution and opened the LdapConnection.class
file in an hexadecimal editor (Studio's hexadecimal editor for instance) and I can confirm
that the target version is being respected by the Maven compiler plugin and that it is really
1.5.
> Take a look at that screenshot. [4]
> Byte 6 and 7, indicate "31" which corresponds to J2SE 5.0 according to this page. [5]
>
> Hope this helps,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
> [1] — http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAR-62
> [2] — http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPJAR-49
> [3] — http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-archiver/examples/manifest.html
> [4] — http://cl.ly/74G4
> [5] — http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_class_file#General_layout
>

> On 26 mai 2011, at 07:59, Felix Knecht wrote:
>
>> I don't know if it matters, but parent pom indicates that Java 1.5 is needed [1]
and the the artifacts to be released seem to be compiled with Java 1.6 (at least the included
MANIFEST.MF files are indicating so).