directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting the feeling that we may need a ApacheDS release soon?
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 22:11:08 GMT
On 5/23/11 11:55 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 5/23/11 11:29 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> With the various posts and bugs people have to work around should we do
>>> another release of ApacheDS under the current versioning scheme just to
>>> let
>>> our users breath easier.
>>>
>>> I was thinking once we start moving to OSGi we can begin the 2.0-Mx
>>> releases
>>> but this is taking longer than I had thought. Always seeming to be the
>>> case
>>> these days for me at least.
>>>
>>> Regardless of what release label we use I think we need a bug fix release
>>> soon. Anyways WDYT?
>>>
>> I totally agree with the need of a release asap. We are trying to cut a API
>> 1.0.0-M4 this week, but then, we *must* come back to ADS.
>>
>> The Milestone system seems to fits remarkably well for teh API, I think we
>> should switch to milestone for ADS too. There are too many differences
>> between 1.5.7 and the current trunk (mainly the way we manage the
>> configuration) for our users to deserve an incremented version, IMO.
>>
>> If possible, we could jump to a 2.0.0-M1 at the very beginning of june (may
>> be and of may) and then start incrementally as fast as needed with new
>> milestones, like a M2 for OSGi, a M3 for replication, a M4 for
>> Administrativepoints, etc.
>>
>> Thoughts ?
>
> +1 to all points made.

Let's start to fix issues that are listed for 2.0.0-M1 then. We have 129 
of them, I guess many will be postponed to 2.0.0-M2.

This is an exciting time again :)

-- 
Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com


Mime
View raw message