directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Getting the feeling that we may need a ApacheDS release soon?
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 09:52:43 GMT
On 5/23/11 11:29 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi all,
> With the various posts and bugs people have to work around should we do
> another release of ApacheDS under the current versioning scheme just to let
> our users breath easier.
> I was thinking once we start moving to OSGi we can begin the 2.0-Mx releases
> but this is taking longer than I had thought. Always seeming to be the case
> these days for me at least.
> Regardless of what release label we use I think we need a bug fix release
> soon. Anyways WDYT?
I totally agree with the need of a release asap. We are trying to cut a
API 1.0.0-M4 this week, but then, we *must* come back to ADS.

The Milestone system seems to fits remarkably well for teh API, I think
we should switch to milestone for ADS too. There are too many
differences between 1.5.7 and the current trunk (mainly the way we
manage the configuration) for our users to deserve an incremented
version, IMO.

If possible, we could jump to a 2.0.0-M1 at the very beginning of june
(may be and of may) and then start incrementally as fast as needed with
new milestones, like a M2 for OSGi, a M3 for replication, a M4 for
Administrativepoints, etc.

Thoughts ?

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message