directory-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Evans <richard.ev...@datanomic.com>
Subject Embedding ApacheDS using DirectoryServiceBean etc
Date Sun, 22 May 2011 19:40:00 GMT
I'm experimenting with embedding ApacheDS (1.5.8-SNAPSHOT built from
trunk) using configuration beans created in Spring XML along with the
ServiceBuilder.  I've attached where I've got to so far - it is not
complete, but I've run into a couple of problems.

Firstly I get an NPE:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.registries.synchronizers.RegistrySynchronizerAdaptor.<init>(RegistrySynchronizerAdaptor.java:123)
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.SchemaPartition.doInit(SchemaPartition.java:224)
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.AbstractPartition.initialize(AbstractPartition.java:73)
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1484)
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(DefaultDirectoryService.java:962)
     at
     at
     at rde.tests.apacheds.LaunchADS.main(LaunchADS.java:49)

It looks as though the SchemaManager instance is never set on the
SchemaPartition created by DefaultSchemaService.

Secondly, in 1.5.7 the suffix for a partition was a string, now it's a
Dn.  There are lots of constructors for the Dn object - which should be
used here?

Thanks

Richard