directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating ACIs in trunk code
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 09:42:37 GMT
Hi Richard,

On 5/12/11 6:17 PM, Richard Evans wrote:
> I'm running a 1.5.8 snapshot freshly built from trunk-with-dependencies.  I'm set up
access controls and am trying to define the 'enable search for all users' ACI entry as explained
in the online docs.
<snip/>

> This looks a bit like DIRSERVER-1524.  Have I created the Aci entry correctly for trunk
code?
This is exactly the problem. It has been fixed in trunk. Otherwise, your
entries are perfectly fine.
> A couple of other related queries:
>
> 1. With access controls enabled, I can't connect anonymously to the RootDSE - do I need
another Aci entry for this?
Yes. RootDSE is also controlled by access controls rules.
> 2. Attempting a search as a test user, I would expect searches to fail with an error,
instead I just get no results.  Is this intentional?
Depends on the LDAP API you are using. In any case, if you check the
ResultCode, you should have a *insufficientAccessRights* error (or
something similar)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,