directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Shared 1.0.0-M4
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 13:19:25 GMT

On 25 mai 2011, at 15:13, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> On 5/25/11 3:10 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:

Apache Felix OSGI container.
>>> Hmm, you may be right. Or I expressed what I had in mind incorrectly : the API
is now OSGi compatible assuming your application has a OSGi container, but we don't provide
one. This is what I had in mind.

>>> Sure. They have been generated automatically, I don't know why.
file at the root of the Directory project distributions directory (However it seems to be
present in Mina's KEYS file).
>>> ahha... May be the KEYS we have in directory is not up to date. Let me fix that.
>>> Hmmm, no. We have to remove the dependency, I guess. Some cleanup we can do in
M5
>> Yeah, definitely...
>> I guess a dependency towards OSGI is still necessary since we have kept the bundle
activators to allow the use of the API in an OSGI environment.
>> Something less _expensive_ than the "Apache Felix Framework" could be used, like
the org.osgi:org.osgi.core module.

> The best, atm, would be to fill a JIRA.
>
> I'd like to get the 1.0.0-M4 out asap, if there is nothing wrong in the release, in order
to get back to documentation, using the modified API. This is mostly the reason I wanted this
release out, all in all...

Yeah, IMO, this isn't something blocker for the release.
Just a minor cleaning that we need to take care before the next milestone.

This aside, the release seems good to me.

[X] +1 Release Shared 1.0.0-M4

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud