directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Building ApacheDS from SVN
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 14:05:58 GMT
Thanks Richard.

Indeed, the error you got when building the rpm package stopped the execution.
Execution goes through other installers only if the system is missing the required tools to
build installers (rpmbuild for RPM, dpkg for DEB, PackageMaker for Mac OS X, etc.)

All installers seem to be correctly generated via our Jenkins nightly build [1].
Last time I checked the RPM build, it seemed fine on my Fedora VM.
I'll give it a try tonight.

In the meantime, you can try to remove the rpm target in the pom.xml file of the installers
project to get to the archives generation:
>           <!-- Targets for Linux .rpm installer package -->
>           <rpmTargets>
>             <rpmTarget>
>               <id>apacheds-rpm-i386</id>
>               <finalName>apacheds-${project.version}-i386.rpm</finalName>
>               <osName>Linux</osName>
>               <osArch>i386</osArch>
>             </rpmTarget>
>             <rpmTarget>
>               <id>apacheds-rpm-x86_64</id>
>               <finalName>apacheds-${project.version}-x86_64.rpm</finalName>
>               <osName>Linux</osName>
>               <osArch>x86_64</osArch>
>             </rpmTarget>
>           </rpmTargets>

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - https://builds.apache.org/hudson/view/A-F/view/Directory/job/dir-apacheds-jdk16-osx-installers/

On 11 mai 2011, at 15:13, Richard Evans wrote:

> The log is attached.  I used the command:
>
> mvn -fae --log-file log.txt clean install -Pinstallers
>
> Richard

Ayyagari
>>> Sent: 11 May 2011 11:28
>>> To: Apache Directory Developers List
>>> Subject: Re: Building ApacheDS from SVN

need the RPMs, just the .tar.gz.  I don't see an installers directory in the checkout location
- is that created as the very last step?

>>> yeap, even if the RPM generation fails tar.gz will be generated
>>> assuming that you checked out the trunk-with-dependencies url then you
>>> will find them here<checkout>/apacheds/installers/target/installers/

Marcelot