Posting to the ML - seems we slipped and privately emailed this stuff. More below ..

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
On 4/27/11 12:54 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
Sorry I don't get it, can you list which two artifacts contain the same
package instead of this listing?

Sorry, I inverted the listing.

No worries thanks for getting back to me.

The packages come first, then for each duplication, you have the modules in which they are declared.

Let me reformat that :

package /org/apache/directory/server/core/ is declared in modules core-api and core
package /org/apache/directory/server/core/changelog/ is declared in modules core-api and core
package /org/apache/directory/server/core/event/ is declared in modules core-api and core
package /org/apache/directory/server/core/journal/ is declared in modules core-api and core
package /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/ is declared in modules core-api and core
package /org/apache/directory/server/core/replication/ is declared in modules core-api and core
package /org/apache/directory/server/core/schema/ is declared in modules core-api and core

package /org/apache/directory/server/ is declared in modules http-directory-bridge, service, wrapper
package /org/apache/directory/server/config/ is declared in modules server-config and service-builder
package /org/apache/directory/server/core/integ/ is declared in modules core-integ and test-framework
package /org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/protocol/ is declared in modules kerberos-codec and protocol-kerberos
package /org/apache/directory/server/ldap/handlers/extended/ is declared in modules protocol-ldap and server-tools

We just have 12 duplications, most of them being between core and core-api (which makes sense. Renaming the core packages by adding an impl can solve this issue.

These are the main PITA problems we need to grok to OSGify the server. Not a big deal just labor but still a PITA. Thanks for putting this analysis out there.

Regards,
Alex