directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: "Adding Entry" pages added in the API doco
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 15:16:46 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

I reviewed the page.

The overall description is good.
Just two things I noticed.

At the end of first section, "Adding an entry",  I don't really understand the meaning of
this sentence.
> We can also create the Entry in a different way, but that does not change the operation.

The other thing is error handling.
I think we should emphasize more on the fact that no exception will be thrown when adding
an entry (except in the case of a communication error I guess) and it's up to the user to
check the LDAP Result code after the add operation completion.
That point is something very crucial and somehow a little tricky compared to the usual error
handling in Java.

My two cents.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud