directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: MessageId should not be injected into newly created Messages
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:06:10 GMT

On 12 avr. 2011, at 14:55, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> My message was not clear enough :
>
> what I meant is that the messageID should not be passed to the constructor, as it's not
something a user will do. The LdapConnection class will create this message ID and pass it
to the message through the setMessageId( ID ) method.

> In every place in the API where we want to set the ID (like in DSML or in the codec)
it's the same thing : we cna use the setMessageID().

> Hope it's clear now ...

Héhé, thanks for clarifying.

I thought you wanted to get rid of the ability to set the ID by removing both the constructor
and the setter method.

Removing the constructor with the message id parameter seems reasonable to me.

As long as we can always set it via the setter method, I'm ok with that.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud