directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Filtering entries on a custom partition
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:33:40 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand your question right. Have you implemented
your own custom partition, i.e. you implemented the
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.Partition interface? Then
you have to implement the method
  EntryFilteringCursor search(SearchOperationContext ctx)
and the passed SearchOperationContext contains the filter: ctx.getFilter()

So you need to analyze and apply the filter (beside the search scope
and search base etc.) in your code, it depends on the backend you are
using.

Can you give us some more details about the backend and eventually
paste some code? Please also give us a hint what ApacheDS version you
are using.

Kind Regards,
Stefan