directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuum failures ...
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 21:11:43 GMT
Hi Felix,

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
>> it's now days Continuum is producing notifications about weird failures.
>> Those so-called failures have nothing to do with the code we pushed,
>> it's most certainly some problem in continuum itself.
>>
>> I have removed the notification atm, but we have to question ourselves
>> if we should continue to use Continuum, when Je,kins is providing
>> correct information about the code state.
>
> Thanks
>
>> thoughts ?
>
> If we don't get any benefit of the continuum builds I think we should drop
> it and have all built on Jenkins. Do we still get the built snapshot
> artifacts when running only on Jenkins to the maven snapshot repository?

Yes, snapshot artifacts are deployed by Jenkins only.

The reason to keep Continuum was to get faster feedback because the
Continuum server less loaded and builds after each commit. Our Jenkins
builds are configured to build only once per night because much more
projects use it and the build queue is often full.

Kind Regards,
Stefan