directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <>
Subject Re: API announcement, V2
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:04:09 GMT
Looks good.

Just some issues with the left-hand navigation of the web site:

- The link to "Generated Reports (e.g. JavaDocs)" was broken. I copied
the reports from /www/ to
/www/ I also added a symbolic link
"latest" there. I also updated the pom.xml of shared, with the next
release the site should be copied to "api".
- I added a direct link to the JavaDocs so users don't need to
navigate through the Maven report
- What about the "Tutorials"? Is it still up-to-date? Should that link
and page be removed?

Kind Regards,

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <> wrote:
> Here is a second version, with a few additions (with * around the
> additions/fixes) :
> -------------------------------------
> The Apache Directory team is proud to announce the availability of the
> 1.0.0-M3 version of the LDAP *client* API.
> The Apache LDAP client API is an *ongoing* effort to provide an enhanced
> LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and
> Mozilla LDAP API).
> This is a schema aware API, with some convenient ways to access a LDAP
> server. This API is not only targetting the Apache Directory Server, but
> should work pristine with any LDAP server.
> It's also an extensible API : new Controls, schema elements and network
> layer could be added or used in the near future. *It includes an OSGi based
> plugin framework for extending the API.*
> This is the first official milestone (two others have already been released
> but not announced), we will release few more milestone versions before a
> release candidate,  but the current version has already been validated in
> Directory Studio and in the Apache Directory Server. Its documentation is
> currently under construction.
> Feel free to experiment, we highly appreciate your feedback !
> Web site :
> Download :
> User Guide :
> --