directory-dev mailing list archives

From Lakshmi B <lakshm...@vimukti.com>
Subject Problem with Apache directory studio and require information about adding partition to Apache directory server
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 06:48:25 GMT
Good after noon,

I am using Apache directory studio 1.5.3, to know the functionality and flow
of control of Apache Directory Server.

The first problem with Apache Directory Studio is its not showing the
partition example that you people added through server.xml file.
In the tutorial or user guide you said that after creating a new connection
we can view 3 partitions i.e ou=system, ou=schema, dc=example,dc=com.
But I am unable to view dc=example,dc=com partition. *Why the directory
studio is unable to display the existing partition?*
*
*
Second problem is the Apache directory studio is unable to display any
partition that is added programatically (i.e adding a partition through
server.xml and creating a JDBM partition and adding it to the directory
service). The reason may be the first problem.
And you people specified the tutorial for Apache Directory Server 1.5. I
followed those steps to create partition in Apache Directory Server 1.5.7,
by doing some modifications. But I am unable to view the new partition. *If
you provide the tutorial for Apache Directory Server 1.5.7. It will be
helpful and clear to us, because the classes and methods get changed from
1.5 to 1.5.7.*

Please help me to add a partition through server.xml and by creating
JDBMPartition. If you specify the steps in detail for Apache Directory
Server1.5.7, it will be helpful to me and I feel grateful to you people.

--
*       Thanks & Regards*

*   LakshmiRambabu. D
          (Lakshmi. B)*