directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <>
Subject Re: Search result in LDAP API
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 16:28:54 GMT
> This is not an easy choice.
> The problme is that the user might be puzzled to see that a
> SearchRequest ) returns a cursor<SearchResponse> but
> that the base, filter, scope, attrs... ) returns a
> cursor<Entry>.
> Using send( Request ) instead first makes the API lighter (we don't have to
> create one send() method per type of request, it can be hidden in the
> LdapConnection class) and it's also for advanced users.

Another idea: We have two interfaces: LdapConnection and
LdapAsyncConnection. What about a third interface (e.g.
AdvancedLdapConnection, need to find a better name) which extends
LdapConnections. Then we can move all the methods for advanced users
to this new interface. Then the LdapConnection interface is much
smaller. We still can have a single LdapNetworkConnection class that
implements all three interfaces.

Kind Regards,

View raw message