directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: API documentation heads up
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:19:04 GMT
On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny
<elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
> On 4/12/11 1:50 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>>
>>> I haven't spent too much time on schema the past few days, having had to
>>> deal with MINA release.
>>
>> Np was just saying your effort on documenting the schema code might
>> require changes after M4 when we refactor the schema model to reduce
>> dependencies. I did not want you to needlessly waste your time there.
>
> I understand, but don't worry too much. What I was doing focus more on
> generalities than details, regarding the Schema documentation.

OK not going worry about it then. It will be nice just to explain what
all the elements are about in general for users. I really like the
OpenDS documentation they provide on schema. They did a good job
there.

> My main concern, as we are documenting the API, is how to use the
> SchemaManager, not how to create new Schema elements, because this is not
> something people will do frequently.

Great thanks for the effort, sorry I could not help - dealing with
settling down in a new area, new life, new work etc.. Hopefully things
will settle down here shortly so I can lend a hand.

Thanks,
Alex