directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1095083 - in /directory/apacheds/trunk: core-api/ core-api/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/ppolicy/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/authn/
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:29:59 GMT

On 19 avr. 2011, at 16:21, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> On 4/19/11 4:18 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> On 19 avr. 2011, at 16:02, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>>> Please revert putting this into the core-api: this functionality should be loaded
when needed as an extra rather than a core function of the server.
>> I'm afraid, at the moment, there's no easy way to avoid putting it there and having
the dependency on the extras jar. We lack, in the server, the same kind of support for extras
you built in Shared.

> This can most certainly be put in core, not in core-api. Core-api is only supposed to
expose what is necessary to create the server, it's not supposed to contain any impl.

Yeah, OK.
I see the point. You're right.
Core is probably a better place.

Regards,