directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Shared 1.0.0-M3
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:48:13 GMT

On 19 avr. 2011, at 22:00, Stefan Seelmann wrote:

> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> thanks for preparing the release. Most things look good to me.
>
> But the checksums and signatures of the distribution packages are not
> there. They also were missing at the last release. Aren't they
> generated automatically when building the release? If not, could you
> please create the checksums and signatures and upload them? That
> should be fixed for the next release.

++1
We really need to automate the generation of the signature files during the build it and avoid
doing it by hand afterwards (because we always forget to do so)...
I suggest we create a JIRA for this with a blocker severity for next release.

> Another minor issue: the source distributions contain
> "pom.xml.releaseBackup" and "release.properties" files. I wonder how
> that happended? The source tar.gz and zip should be created from the
> created tag.

Indeed that's really really weird...
Emmanuel, can you have a look at the following location in your 'Shared' workspace?
[Workspace]/target/checkout/target

Do you have tar.gz. and zip files here?
If yes, I guess, these ones won't contain any "pom.xml.releaseBackup" and "release.properties"
files.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud