directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject API announcement, V2
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 20:20:47 GMT
Here is a second version, with a few additions (with * around the
additions/fixes) :
-------------------------------------

The Apache Directory team is proud to announce the availability of the
1.0.0-M3 version of the LDAP *client* API.

The Apache LDAP client API is an *ongoing* effort to provide an enhanced
LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and
Mozilla LDAP API).

This is a schema aware API, with some convenient ways to access a LDAP
server. This API is not only targetting the Apache Directory Server, but
should work pristine with any LDAP server.

It's also an extensible API : new Controls, schema elements and network
layer could be added or used in the near future. *It includes an OSGi
based plugin framework for extending the API.*

This is the first official milestone (two others have already been
released but not announced), we will release few more milestone versions
before a release candidate,  but the current version has already been
validated in Directory Studio and in the Apache Directory Server. Its
documentation is currently under construction.

Feel free to experiment, we highly appreciate your feedback !

Web site : http://directory.apache.org/api/
Download : http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html
User Guide : http://directory.apache.org/api/user-guide.html

--