directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M3 has been released !
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 20:03:23 GMT
Hi guys,

this is the announcement mail I will issue, after you have had some time
to check if I don't say anything stupid. Please feel free to amend, fix,
extend and improve this announcement !

--------------------------------------

The Apache Directory team is proud to announce the availability of the
1.0.0-M3 version of the LDAP API release.

The Apache LDAP API is a on going effort to provide an enhanced LDAP API, as a replacement
for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API).

We expect to deliver a schema aware API, with some convenient ways to access a LDAP server.
This API is not only targetting the Apache Directory Server, but should work pristine with
any LDAP server.

It's also an extensible API : new Controls, schema elements and network layer could be added
or used in the near future. The API is based on an OSGi framework (Apache Felix).

This is the first official milestone (two others have already been released but not announced),
we will have other ones before we reach a release candidate, but it has already been validated
in Directory Studio and in the Apache Directory Server. Its documentation is currently under
construction.

Feel free to experiment, we are waiting for any feedback !

Web site : http://directory.apache.org/api/
Download : http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html
User Guide : http://directory.apache.org/api/user-guide.html

--