directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Controls handling in the API
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2011 09:24:20 GMT
Hi guys,

currently, we only implement a few controls, those that we support. In
the API, if one wants to use another control to send it to another LDAP
server, he has to use an OpaqueControl. So far, so good, except that
it's really painful as the value has to be encoded and decoded by the user.

I would suggest we create a shared-ldap-extra-control module, where we
will b able to add the Controls other LDAP server are using. We can have
a package for each LDAP server, assuming they use some special controls
not shared with any other. For shared controls, we can put them in the
base model.

Thoughts ?

--
Regards,