directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Shared 1.0.0-M3
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 07:35:55 GMT
On 04/20/2011 08:16 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> On 4/20/11 7:19 AM, Felix Knecht wrote:
>> Hi Emmanuel
>>
>> Thanks for big effort and preparing a release.
>>
>> I'm not sure if it's a problem or not: The maven-metadata.xml doesn't
>> contains former releases. This may prevent e.g. using tab completion
>> in Eclipse within the <version> tag to get and choose a version.
>>
>> Former maven-metadata.xml:
>> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/shared/apache-ldap-api/maven-metadata.xml
>>

>> New maven-metadata.xml:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-103/org/apache/directory/shared/apache-ldap-api/maven-metadata.xml
>>

> Where is this file coming from ? It's nowhere in the repo, seems to be
> generated by the release process, right ?

It seems to be part of the deploy process [1], [2]. Did you used the
standard release profile? It seems to be part of it when using it.

[1]
http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Updating-maven-metadata-xml-td3267215.html
[2]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4878808/maven-metadata-xml-is-not-updated-when-deploying-to-nexus