directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1095220 - in /directory/apacheds/trunk: core-api/ core-api/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/ppolicy/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/authn/
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 22:57:33 GMT
On 4/19/11 11:42 PM, kayyagari@apache.org wrote:
> Author: kayyagari
> Date: Tue Apr 19 21:42:18 2011
> New Revision: 1095220

> Log:
> o removed the dependency on codec-extra module
> o fixed the ppolicy exception class to use numeric values instead of ppolicy error enum,
updated the dependent code

I had something more drastic in mind : make all the PPolicy classes
depend on the Authenticator interceptor.

The idea is to create a package under this interceptor, and have all the
classes moved there. The DS would expose a getter to know if the ppolicy
is set :
     boolean isPwdPolicyEnabled();
but the implementation will ask the authentication interceptor about it.

For the configuration, I also think that the ppolicy config shoul dbe
part of the Authn interceptor config, instead of being a part of the DS
config.

I have started to see what kind of impact it has on the server, it's not
that big.

I will play around this idea tomorrow, as I have to take a train to go
visit my client, and it's a 45 mins trip.

thoughts ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,