directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1095083 - in /directory/apacheds/trunk: core-api/ core-api/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/ppolicy/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/authn/
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:21:06 GMT
On 4/19/11 4:18 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On 19 avr. 2011, at 16:02, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> Please revert putting this into the core-api: this functionality should be loaded
when needed as an extra rather than a core function of the server.
> I'm afraid, at the moment, there's no easy way to avoid putting it there and having the
dependency on the extras jar. We lack, in the server, the same kind of support for extras
you built in Shared.

This can most certainly be put in core, not in core-api. Core-api is
only supposed to expose what is necessary to create the server, it's not
supposed to contain any impl.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,