directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1095083 - in /directory/apacheds/trunk: core-api/ core-api/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/ppolicy/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/authn/
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:15:26 GMT
On 4/19/11 4:02 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Please revert putting this into the core-api: this functionality should be
> loaded when needed as an extra rather than a core function of the server.
> Plus the dependency on the extras OSGi bundle should not be formed it will
> create several classloader issues.

Alex is right here. The core-api is not a place we can put some
extensions, like the password policy handling. PasswordPolicy can be
seen as an Authenticator (sort of) and such things is to be activated as
an OSGi bundle : it's not a part of the LDAP standard.

We have many extensions point which are not obvious, like :
- control
- extendedOperations
- Stored-Procedure
- Schema element (SyntaxChecker, LdapComparator and Normalizer)
- Partition
- Interceptor
- Authenticator

At some point in the near future, all those elements should be
independent OSGi bundle (see the mail I sent last night). Once we get
API 1.0.0-M3 out, we will be able to start working on ApacheDS
OSGification, it starts to be an urgent task now.

Sorry if it sounds like a burden, but I missed your commit, as the
apache mail system was being upgraded last night, and I didn't received
any mail until the last hour.

Thanks Kiran !

--
Regards,