directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject SASL in the client API
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 21:59:28 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm having some hard time with SASL handling on the client side.
Currently, we support CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5 and GSSAPI mechanisms, but
the PLAIN en EXTERNAL mechanisms are not supported.

So I decided to implement the PLAIN mechanism which is supported by the
server, and I found that we have an approach that could be improved.
Currently, we have re-implemented the full mechanism, and we have some
dedicated class for each mechanism :
- CramMd5Request
- DigestMd5Request
- GssApiRequest

internally, we handle the challenge/response dialog.

That's fine, but we could have use the Java SaslClient classes to do the
same thing. Even better, we could also merge the way the server handle
SASL with the client side.

This is what I'm going to investigate in the next couple of days.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,