directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: API announcement, V2
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 07:40:11 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

Sounds great. :)

Maybe we should indicate that it's a Java-only API.
You can probably deduce it after reading "JNDI" or "jLdap", but maybe we should make it more
obvious.

What's the "official" branding for the API?
  - Apache Directory LDAP API
  - Apache Directory LDAP Client API
  - Apache Directory API

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 26 avr. 2011, at 22:20, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Here is a second version, with a few additions (with * around the additions/fixes) :
> -------------------------------------
>
> The Apache Directory team is proud to announce the availability of the 1.0.0-M3 version
of the LDAP *client* API.

> The Apache LDAP client API is an *ongoing* effort to provide an enhanced LDAP API, as
a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API).

> This is a schema aware API, with some convenient ways to access a LDAP server. This API
is not only targetting the Apache Directory Server, but should work pristine with any LDAP
server.

> It's also an extensible API : new Controls, schema elements and network layer could be
added or used in the near future. *It includes an OSGi based plugin framework for extending
the API.*

> This is the first official milestone (two others have already been released but not announced),
we will release few more milestone versions before a release candidate,  but the current version
has already been validated in Directory Studio and in the Apache Directory Server. Its documentation
is currently under construction.