directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Shared 1.0.0-M3
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:55:24 GMT
I'm almost 100% Nexus merges the two files automatically once the release is promoted after
the vote is accepted.

The current file (http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/shared/apache-ldap-api/maven-metadata.xml)
seems to contain correct information with the latest 1.0.0-M2 release I did a few weeks ago.
And I followed the same release process as usual.

To me it makes sense that the maven-metadata.xml file on the staging does not contain any
previous reference since on this server there's no other release, and that Nexus takes care
of updating maven-metadata.xml file on the "real" repository after the release has been approved
and promoted.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 20 avr. 2011, at 07:19, Felix Knecht wrote:

> Hi Emmanuel
>
> Thanks for big effort and preparing a release.
>
> I'm not sure if it's a problem or not: The maven-metadata.xml doesn't contains former
releases. This may prevent e.g. using tab completion in Eclipse within the <version>
tag to get and choose a version.