On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
On 3/9/11 2:29 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Alex Karasulu<akarasulu@apache.org>  wrote:

Let's be exact here. Are you saying that you were crucified?

I'd like a clear answer to this question.

You seem to be saying this too frequently and on public mailing lists for me
to ignore. The same insinuation last occurring over some IP issue I
discovered with a release. Again crucification was the word used. So either
stop the passive aggressive insinuations or just say what you're thinking
directly: I'm more than willing to work with you to be as gentle as you want
me to be with you.

Alex, please *stop* being paranoid.

OK this is yet another insinuation. I don't appreciate then. In a dry non accusatory fashion I should be able to point out technical trends made by developers here that are not help us. This should not insight these kinds of insinuations period.

This was a general sentence targeting no one, as your initial mail contained a similar one :

"...I'm not blaming anyone here so please don't get the wrong idea..."

At some point, you have to realize that you are working in a community where most of us are not native english speakers, and that reflects in the sentence we use and the word we pick to express an idea.

OK we gotta stop using the lack of not being native speakers as an issue.

I don't like this excessively sensitive situation here where we have to keep quite when something wrong happens in the code. It's something that will inhibit progress in the end.

If I have to call someone specifically names, I have some way to express that feeling. Look at my first sentence, for instance.

OK say it was general. Forget for now my taking it as if it were directed towards me. But even generally it's making people in the community think something is not right. Someone or something is crucifying. Why say that? It just makes me not want to voice any sort of technical opinion even in the lightest tone imaginable.

Why am I here then?  Why are you here if you're not going to grow together from the good and the bad. We learn more from mistakes than from successes.

So let's go the opposite direction. Let's embrace our mistakes and learn from them. Let's stop saying these kinds of negative words like crucify. We can crucify if you like just to demonstrate the difference between the gentle approach we have now.

Paranoia is also an insinuation and now it's being directed personally to me. Look I'm sitting here and a few times I could have posted things that I found to be wrong. I held back because of this environment where people want to think their shit never stinks.

Fact is we all produce things that are not always right. Together we find the mistakes, learn and progress. We can't be putting up barriers because to that or else this code base will start to stink.

Thanks,
Alex