directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Shared] [Model] What was the reason for removing the schema entity interfaces like AttributeType?
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 08:09:59 GMT
Hi Alex,

That's something I had also noticed a few weeks ago.
See [1].

I wanted to decouple the SchemaObjects from the SchemaManager, but I guess I ran into other
work and couldn't complete it.

AFAIR there are around 5 methods in the SchemaObject interface/abstract class that needed
to be removed and added in the SchemaManager utilities.
I'm not sure they are that much used outside of SchemaManager related classes.

On the lack of interfaces for schema objects, it's probably a little more complex to move
them back and requires more refactoring from depending parts.

Tell me if I can be of any help about those two matters.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - http://directory.markmail.org/thread/mq2yerlo7b7dcd4m