directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Shared] Is it time for the M2 release?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 18:55:05 GMT
Ok guys,

I think I fixed most of the required issues before the release of M2.

I still have a couple of PMD errors to fix and see the 'shared-ldap-client-all' issue.

I might be able to start a release tomorrow in the afternoon.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 8 mars 2011, at 09:50, Stefan Seelmann wrote:

> Please see DIRSHARED-99 and DIRSHARED-100.
>
> On Mar 8, 2011 9:18 AM, "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> > Hi Stefan,
> >
> > On 7 mars 2011, at 22:11, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> >
> >> Sure.
> >>
> >> I wanted to fix the legal issues, but I think I won't have time to
> >> work on it before next weekend, and event then I'm not sure, sorry.
> >
> > Do you remember what kind of issues it was?
> > I thought we had already fixed legal issues with the release of M1 and the various
additions of 3rd parties licenses and attributions in the Notice files.

> >> Another thing to check is that the distribution packages include all
> >> dependencies.
> >
> > Yeah, that's also something I wanted to test before the release. Especially a standard
logging implementation like Log4J (letting the ability to be replaced by another specific
implementation if users prefer some other).

> >> A last thing is that I'm confused about that new
> >> shared-ldap-client-all module which shades lot of shared modules but
> >> also 3rd party dependencies. I don't see what it is good for.
> >
> > I agree, shading all shared modules is a good idea but I'm not so sure about 3rd
parties dependencies too.
> > I guess the resulting jar should contain "shared"-only classes.
> >
> > I'll look into that if it's ok with everyone.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Pierre-Arnaud
> >

> >> Kind regards
> >> Stefan

stable now and the current activity is pretty low.

get the M2 release in the hands of our users.