directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] [Build] Issues using Archiva
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 07:18:33 GMT
Hi Alex,
On mardi 1 mars 2011 at 03:53, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Seems this local repository in the studio master POM is causing some grief:
>
> <repositories>
> <repository>
> <id>studio.repository</id>
> <name>Studio Provided Repository</name>
> <url>file://${project.basedir}</url>
> </repository>
> </repositories>

Can you provide any trace?
What kind of error is Archiva reporting?

> Any ideas on a workaround? I tried creating a repository in archiva pointing to both
the base directory of studio and to studio/repository as a file:///... url. However that seems
not to work.

> Can we relocate these files to a repository or are they manipulated by the build and
need to be local?
Maybe we could create a real HTTP repository with our Eclipse artifacts (standard and modified
versions) and Studio specific artifacts (specifically Studio launchers).
The only issue I see with this workaround is that we'l loose the ability to build old versions
if we replace our Eclipse jars when upgrading to a new Eclipse version.

It would be better to find a fix to make it work in Archiva, rather than having to fix our
build (which works pretty well).
I hope we can find a clever solution.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud