directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Shared] Is it time for the M2 release?
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:40:51 GMT
I fixed the remaining major PMD issues.

As far as I understand it, the 'shared-ldap-client-all' project is meant to only contain a
minimal version of the dependencies needed to use the API, the strict minimum.
I think we can release it as is and think about it a little more in M3.
Maybe it's not really required to have this project, 'shared-all' might be enough.
Third parties dependencies being shaded in it also concerns me.

Ok guys, I will start the release process for M2, now.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 9 mars 2011, at 19:55, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:

> Ok guys,
>
> I think I fixed most of the required issues before the release of M2.
>
> I still have a couple of PMD errors to fix and see the 'shared-ldap-client-all' issue.
>
> I might be able to start a release tomorrow in the afternoon.
>
> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
> On 8 mars 2011, at 09:50, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>
>> Please see DIRSHARED-99 and DIRSHARED-100.
>>
>> On Mar 8, 2011 9:18 AM, "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>> > Hi Stefan,

>> > Do you remember what kind of issues it was?
>> > I thought we had already fixed legal issues with the release of M1 and the various
additions of 3rd parties licenses and attributions in the Notice files.

>> > Yeah, that's also something I wanted to test before the release. Especially
a standard logging implementation like Log4J (letting the ability to be replaced by another
specific implementation if users prefer some other).

>> > I agree, shading all shared modules is a good idea but I'm not so sure about
3rd parties dependencies too.
>> > I guess the resulting jar should contain "shared"-only classes.
>> >
>> > I'll look into that if it's ok with everyone.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Pierre-Arnaud

is pretty stable now and the current activity is pretty low.

to get the M2 release in the hands of our users.