directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Shared] changes to DSML engine
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:35:51 GMT
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
<pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> On 29 mars 2011, at 19:35, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>
>> hi guys,
>
> Hi Kiran,
>
>>    As you might have already observed I have added support for handling
>>
>>    * large DSML request documents(by not maintaining the references
>> to intermediate request objects)
>
> Awesome! That was one drawback of the previous implementation.
> Especially if you're dealing with heavy requests... Memory could have been an issue.
>
>>    * streaming DSML response to a given outputstream
>>      (I have still kept the reference to BatchResponseDsml in the
>> DsmlV2Engine but will remove it if no one objects, it is good to have
>> from a testing POV, but we can easily
>>      parse the response string and construct this object anyway, so I
>> leave it as it is for now)
>
> I tend to think it might be also handy to have an object storing the complete response
to a BatchResponse.
> I don't know...
> I'll have a closer look at it.

yeah, it would be helpful to have that for testing sake or in cases of
small batch request processing,
the current code has some ugly if-else blocks(which am not liking)
because of maintaining this feature
will find a way to keep this object and tidy up the code a bit
>>    * handle DSML requests present inside a SOAP envelope
>
> Cool, I didn't even know it was possible to add DSML requests in a SOAP envelope... :-D
>
>>    Am still testing this streaming feature, if you guys find some
>> problem I request you to report it.
>
> Any pointers on how to test the streaming feature?
currently we can test that by calling the processDSMLFile( File file,
OutputStream respStream )
will add some more overloaded methods with simple options. (Note when
you call this method the response need to be
collected from the stream only, the internal batchresponse object
contains nothing)

> I'm very curious to see it in action with large requests/responses. :)
yeah, I have to perform some load tests anyway, will let you know

--
Kiran Ayyagari