directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [Shared] Is it time for the M2 release?
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 08:50:27 GMT
Please see DIRSHARED-99 and DIRSHARED-100.

On Mar 8, 2011 9:18 AM, "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> On 7 mars 2011, at 22:11, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>
>> Sure.
>>
>> I wanted to fix the legal issues, but I think I won't have time to
>> work on it before next weekend, and event then I'm not sure, sorry.
>
> Do you remember what kind of issues it was?
> I thought we had already fixed legal issues with the release of M1 and the
various additions of 3rd parties licenses and attributions in the Notice
files.

>> Another thing to check is that the distribution packages include all
>> dependencies.
>
> Yeah, that's also something I wanted to test before the release.
Especially a standard logging implementation like Log4J (letting the ability
to be replaced by another specific implementation if users prefer some
other).

>> A last thing is that I'm confused about that new
>> shared-ldap-client-all module which shades lot of shared modules but
>> also 3rd party dependencies. I don't see what it is good for.
>
> I agree, shading all shared modules is a good idea but I'm not so sure
about 3rd parties dependencies too.
> I guess the resulting jar should contain "shared"-only classes.
>
> I'll look into that if it's ok with everyone.
>
> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>

>> Kind regards
>> Stefan
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net>
wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I was just wondering it wouldn't be a good time to schedule the M2
release.

>>> Heavy refactoring have been done since the last M1 milestone, trunk is
pretty stable now and the current activity is pretty low.

>>> Before starting a new phase of heavy coding, it might be a good idea to
get the M2 release in the hands of our users.