directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Shared] [Model] What was the reason for removing the schema entity interfaces like AttributeType?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:04:28 GMT
On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@apache.org>wrote:

> On 3/9/11 3:02 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny<elecharny@apache.org
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  On 3/9/11 2:29 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>>
>>>  On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Alex Karasulu<akarasulu@apache.org>

>>>  OK this is yet another insinuation. I don't appreciate then. In a dry
>> non
>> accusatory fashion I should be able to point out technical trends made by
>> developers here that are not help us. This should not insight these kinds
>> of
>> insinuations period.
>>
> It was not an insinuation, you *are* getting paranoid from time to time,
> and trust me, this is fucking boring. I'm tired of such a behavior, and I'm
> not the only one. Swallow it, or control this behavior.

First off you need to control yourself. The fact that you have reached
consensus with others on this team is no reason for you to talk in such a
fashion. Why loose your cool? I'm saying I don't want to use these kinds of
words that stigmatize this community. It's not evil, wrong, or paranoid.

Bottom line these crucifixion commentaries need to stop. They are not
helping. There's no paranoia on my side here. This is the 2nd instance of
your using the same word. Both times when I pointed out something wrong you
came by and dropped it. This is reality and people that are paranoid are not
founded on reality.

I don't care if you have everyone on this project thinking the same as you.
We still have a right as individuals to calmly and politely express why we
are not liking the behaviors of others. There's no reason to explode.

I am having a conversation not an argument with you.

You were the one bringing this discussion to the dev mailing list, and
> that's a problem. Now, I can't either ignore it.

I'm sorry but you said we don't need to crucify the second time. You can't
keep saying that there's a crucifixion going on every time something wrong
is pointed out. Even if you don't use a name, it's still easy to form
associations.

You can say Alex you're attacking here stop it. This is why I came out and
clearly asked, "Are you saying I am crucifying?" Because if that's what
you're saying then I need to figure out what I am doing wrong right?

Politely and respectfully any issue can be discussed between people without
name calling and attacking each other.

>>  This was a general sentence targeting no one, as your initial mail
>>> contained a similar one :
>>>
>>> "...I'm not blaming anyone here so please don't get the wrong idea..."
>>>
>>> At some point, you have to realize that you are working in a community
>>> where most of us are not native english speakers, and that reflects in
>>> the
>>> sentence we use and the word we pick to express an idea.
>>>

>>>  OK we gotta stop using the lack of not being native speakers as an
>> issue.
>>
>> I don't like this excessively sensitive situation here where we have to
>> keep
>> quite when something wrong happens in the code. It's something that will
>> inhibit progress in the end.
>>

> <SNIP/>
>

>>  If I have to call someone specifically names, I have some way to express
>>> that feeling. Look at my first sentence, for instance.
>>>

>>>  OK say it was general. Forget for now my taking it as if it were
>> directed
>> towards me. But even generally it's making people in the community think
>> something is not right.
>>

> *if* only you weren't bringing what you thought was a personal attack on
> the dev list, people around it weren't asking themselves if the community is
> sane, or not.

Look I don't want insinuations about my being a crucifier on public lists.
So when you post that I have to defend myself in the same ML you posted to.

It's not good to leave things hanging. Plus I thought maybe I am doing
something wrong here. Let's get to the bottom of it. So I asked directly who
is crucifying? If it is me I will take steps to stop once I understand what
you mean and if it is in fact the case.

> <snip the remaining non-sense>
>
> Now, either we stop these stupid and useless discussion here, and consider
> that it was just a blurb of BS, or we continue. I haven't started it, and I
> don't want to continue either. I'm just fed up.

Dude you showed up and said a crucification was going on. Who else would you
be referring to? You can't say this to someone then run away from it.

These are light almost unnoticeable insinuations designed to slowly
formulate a negative image of someone in the community. I want it stopped.

Have a nice day.

Oh most certainly, I'm not the one angry here. Also I'm ready for a
discussion whenever you are on this present Schema refactoring we need to
do.

Perhaps we can discuss this on IRC then report to the ML. I have been
waiting for you here for 1hr when you said give me 10 minutes. If you need
to cool off I understand. I can do something else today if need be. Just let
me know on or off list what you'd like to do.

Thanks,
Alex