directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Go for a Apache Directory Studio 1.5.4 Bugfix Release
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2011 11:17:51 GMT
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

for all Jiras that were marked "Fixed for 1.5.4" I applied the missing
patches to the 1.5.x branch or removed the "Fixed for 1.5.4" label, so
the list of resolved/closed issues for 1.5.4 should now be consistent.
Next step is check the issues that are solved only in trunk and decide
if a backport makes sense. Then we should go through the list of open
bugs (and maybe improvements) and decide which issues are worth to fix
for 1.5.4 or 2.0.0 or both.

Another note: I had some trouble setting up the build for 1.5.x branch
and trunk because 1.5.x needs Maven2 and trunk needs Maven3. I don't
think it makes sense to migrate the 1.5.x branch to Maven3, right? My
default "mvn" command is M3. My first attempt was to create a symbolic
link "mvn2" that points to M2 and to use "mvn2 studio:eclipse" etc..
But that don't work because the studio:eclipse plugin launches another
"mvn" process which is then M3. So I removed maven completely from my
PATH and only added the right one in each console window.

Kind Regards
Stefan