directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Shared] [Model] What was the reason for removing the schema entity interfaces like AttributeType?
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 23:38:17 GMT
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/8/11 12:09 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>> I'm sitting here starring at this nest and wondering what
>> the heck I should do first.
>
> Wait for M2 to be out ... :)

Why?

First I am in a personal branch and second I merged that last time to
prep for M2 so nothing will be merged to impact the M2. This work is
for M3. We already check pointed M2.

> keep in mind that the SchemaManager and all the classes were modified in
> order to allow a better schema handling.

OK I'm not going to bother here. I'll just fix the problems I see.

Now, we are facing some new issues
> because we want to allow schema objects to be loadable, which is a different
> target, and for sure needs some heavy refactoring.

OK.

> I suggest we close M2 now, and then discuss about what to do with the
> SchemaManager.

Again this has no bearing. Please see above.

Regards,
Alex