directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Shared] [API] Moving Oid class to 'shared-ldap-model' module?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:34:54 GMT

On 29 mars 2011, at 18:57, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> On 3/29/11 6:00 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>> Hi Dev,
>>
>> How about moving the Oid class to the 'shared-ldap-model' module?
>> It's currently in the 'shared-asn1-api' module.
>>
>> I wanted to use it in Studio but I couldn't find it because my plugin was not depending
on 'shared-asn1-api'

>> Don't you think it makes more sense to have it available as part of the LDAP model
in the 'shared-ldap-model' module?

> An OID is an ASN.1 object, not an LDAP one..

It's also heavily used in Schema objects. Even if it's an indirect, implicit use in those
objects (as we're storing OIDs as a String and not an OID object).
If Schema objects are part of the LDAP model, I believe the Oid class should also be part
of it.

That said, I understand your point.
I just find it more convenient to regroup all the classes a user might use under the same
package name and/or module.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud