directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Some few classes to move out of model ?
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:34:39 GMT
On 22 mars 2011, at 11:00, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys,

Hi Emmanuel,

> the ComplexDnParser, DnParser, FastDnParser, RdnParser  are classes currently present
in model. I'm wondering if we should not move those classes out of model, or at least make
them invisible ?

+1.
This reveals some of the internals of the API.
You're absolutely right.

> The parsers exist only because we had to implement the JNDI interface, and I'm not sure
it makes sense anymore to expose them.

> For instance, the DnPlaser class (well, it's not even a class, it's an enum, which sound
very strange to me) is only used in teh DN class : could we make it a private class in Dn
?

+1.
We could also have them move to another package. A package that would not be exported in OSGI.

> NameComponentNormalizer is an interface I moved to schema/normalizer too.

Does this interface and its implementation class SimpleNameComponentNormalizer are meant to
be public?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud